For all needs related to La Jolla properties, including applications to rent, questions, feedback, maintenance and other assistance with your rental, please contact Dan (janitor & managing member) at Rent La Jolla Shores LLC (RLJS):
Dan (voicemail only)
NOTES REGARDING PHONE CALLS:
• Before calling about a showing, see the self-screening questions here.
• This is a VOIP line that goes straight to voicemail, so please leave a voicemail message. (Sorry for inconvenience. We're trying to avoid robocalls from web crawlers. All current residents have additional numbers to call for emergencies.)
• If calling regarding active, long-term rentals, please leave a voicemail & we'll return your call.
• We do NOT have any short-term or vacation rentals.
• This phone number is NOT for Shore Tower.
• Sorry, but we will NOT return calls regarding short-term rentals or Shore Tower questions.
Thank you for supporting our sponsors!
Please, no solicitations.
Please remove all numbers and addresses on this site from your marketing list.
We strongly encourage all tenants/residents to take advantage of our secure online payment service provided by eRentPayment.com and paid for by Rent La Jolla Shores LLC (RLJS).
✉ Mailing Address: If you are a current tenant and choose to pay by check, please contact Dan (above) for the current mailing address for rent payment (payable to Rent La Jolla Shores LLC). Please allow up to 3 days for US Mail (USPS) delivery. Checks lost or delayed in delivery by the USPS are the responsibility of the sender.
We enthusiastically support and adhere to the fair housing and equal opportunity laws as administered and enforced by the Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO) within the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD.gov).
We provide unbiased, consistent applicant screening with help from TransUnion SmartMove credit & criminal background screening services. TransUnion is one of the world's largest credit-reporting agencies.
Rent La Jolla Shores LLC (RLJS), via its managing member, is a supporting member of the San Diego County Apartment Association (SDCAA).
Thank you for your interest in our rental property! We invite potential rental applicants to review the self-screening checklist below before scheduling a live viewing. This information (based upon our screening criteria¹ and what we know about TransUnion's SmartMove² screening service) can potentially save us all time & effort. We know planning for a move can be very stressful, so we don't want you to encounter any unpleasant surprises during the screening or move-in processes.
1. The property is currently available for showing. Please verify "vacancy" is posted on this site.
2. You plan to move within a month or two and you understand that this is not a short-term rental, i.e. we don't rent any property for less than a year.
3. Your current, steady, verifiable income of ≥2× rent rate. (Yes, income of more than one applicant can "add up" to this figure.) Your ultimate credit-worthiness will be assessed by TransUnion.
4. You have previous experience as a tenant (verifiable "rental history").
5. Former landlords can be reached by phone for a brief interview.
6. Your pets comply with our safe pet policy (see link below).
7. You'll obtain renters insurance³ before lease-signing.
8. You'll present cashier's check⁴ for "initial deposit" (1st month's rent + Security Deposit) to leasing agent at lease-signing, before moving in.
9. No evictions or rent payment issues with previous landlords.
10. No bankruptcies or foreclosures within past 5 years.
11. No convictions for violent crime, sex offense, burglary, arson, fraud or drug distribution/manufacture.
12. FICO credit score of 650 or higher. It is possible you'll pass the screening process with a lower credit score—depending upon other factors as evaluated by TransUnion—but this is still a helpful, predictive number. We've had applicants with credit scores as low as 560 pass the TransUnion SmartMove credit screening process.
Misrepresentations on rental applications⁵ are always legitimate grounds for rejection. Please contact Dan if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your understanding & cooperation.
① Anti-Discrimination — We never base any of our decisions or processes on Age, Ancestry, Color, Disability, Familial Status, Genetic Information, Immigration Status, Marital Status, Medical Condition, National Origin, Race, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Source of Income or Veteran Status. These classes include groups protected by local, state and federal antidiscrimination laws including the amended Federal Fair Housing Act and the Unruh Civil Rights Act. “Housing for Older Persons” (senior housing) and homeless youth provisions may exclude persons of certain ages on certain registered properties.
② TransUnion SmartMove — See https://www.mysmartmove.com/SmartMove/tenant-screening-services.page
③ Renters Insurance — Applicant/resident must be listed as "Insured" and property owner must be listed as a “Certificate Holder” or “Additional Interest” (NOT an “Additional Insured”) and must receive 30 days' notice of cancelation, nonrenewal, or a material change in coverage. Insurance must provide coverage of at least $100,000 in personal liability and cover the cost of temporary housing if needed for any reason. Please see lease agreement for details.
④ Initial Deposit — Cashier's check shall be drawn on a local bank or a bank with a local branch. Applicant must include first month's rent plus Security Deposit, payable to the LLC managing the property. There is no separate "pet deposit" as this is included in your security deposit.
⑤ Third-Party Applications & Credit Score Providers — Please do NOT apply to rent any of our properties [listed here or advertised on any other site] through or with any "third party." Some websites try to convince you to use their screening service, but we cannot honor those services. We must use our proprietary screening processes for all our applicants, so applicants must contact Dan to submit an Application to Rent. We do not charge a fee for applications, but part of the application process is handled by TransUnion SmartMove and they require a nominal fee, payable with a credit card. The SmartMove application includes a credit score report, so we do not need or want credit score reports you have previously obtained. It is crucial that we treat all applicants the same in this regard, so we can't make exceptions.
Email Disclaimer & Privacy Notice:
If you have received an email from Rent La Jolla Shores LLC in error, please notify the sender and delete the email from your system(s). Our messages contain confidential information and are intended only for the individual(s) named therein. If you are not a named addressee or intended recipient you are hereby notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of the information is strictly prohibited. This confidential information should not be distributed by intended recipient to any third party. The sender and Rent La Jolla Shores LLC accept no liability for the content of sent email messages—or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided—unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Thank you!
See our pet policy here.